BECOME AN AYURVEDIC YOGA PRACTITIONER
200 hour YAS or RYS certified
This is a life-transforming training that builds a bridge between
a rich ancient system and modern scientific knowledge. The universal laws of nature bring harmony and balance to our lives — don’t miss this great opportunity.
Do you feel the call? Come with us!
WEEKEND PROGRAM 2017
- January 20-22
- February 24-26
- March 24-26
- April 21-23
- May 19-21
- June 16-18
- July 21-23
- August 18-20
- September 22-24
3-MONTH PROGRAM 2017
- February 6-10
- February 20-24
- March 6-10
- April 10-14
SUMMER INTENSIVE PROGRAM 2017
July 31 – August 4
Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
This is a Level 1-Beginning Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Certification (200hrs), recognized by the Yoga Alliance and the National Ayurvedic Medical Association.
The full course cost is $3,400.
The course has a limited number of participants so please register early.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- A $500 deposit is required to hold your place in the Yoga Teacher Training. This deposit may be paid by check, credit card, money order, or cash.
- The remaining balance is due prior to the completion of the program.
- Deposits and payments made for the program are non-refundable.
- The student is responsible to fulfill tuition payment.
Register Now – Education@dhyanacenter.com
Swami Kriyananda Kanda
Kriyananda was born in Puerto Rico, and initiated into the path of Kriya Yoga during his youth. He has a deep background in Ayurveda and Western science; he carries a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities and a Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine. Kriyananda has 20 years of experience in the healing arts, and brings a down-to-earth approach to the ethereal sciences.
Kriyananda’s other qualifications include:
- Director of Ayurvedic Yoga Program
- President of Aushadi Foundation Non-Profit for Ayurveda
- Kriya Yoga Spiritual Leader
- Yoga Alliance Certified
Tirza is co-founder of both the Ayurveda Yoga Teacher Training and the Body Temple Yoga
programs at the dhyana Center. With over 20 years experience practicing and teaching yoga, she offers in depth instruction from many styles and perspectives, including Iyengar, Tri-Yoga and Vinyasa. Through asana, satya, and pranayama, her teaching focuses on the mind/body connection and finding pathways to self love and the devotional heart.
DeAnna, founder of the dhyana Center, is an Ayurvedic practitioner, massage therapist, clinical aromatherapist and nutritionist. She has over 25 years of clinical experience in therapeutic massage, estiology, herbology, aromatherapy, Tibetan & Ayurvedic medicine, childbirth support, auto-immune conditions, and whole food nutrition. Her vision is to create a harmony between the traditional, medical sciences of the East and the desire to thrive within our lifestyles in the West. She has a unique ability to blend spiritual alchemy, science, and plant medicine. She educates her clients and students about self-health, inspiring them to become personally responsible for their own well-being. DeAnna aspires to prepare each student to become an empowered practitioner.
Hatha & Raja Yoga: Patanjali’s Eight-Limb System
YAMA and NIYAMA: Philosophy and practice of the universal vows.
ASANA: Learn head to toe body alignment, and gain powers of strength and flexibility. Asana for the doshas.
PRANAYAMA: Learn a powerful and scientific approach to breath (prana) control for consciousness development. DHRANA: Learn the concentration techniques to understand the powers of the mind.
DHYANA: Learning from within through meditation
SAMADHI: Learn the foundation for liberation and reaching higher consciousness.
MARMA POINTS: Learn how to use the ancient system of Marma Points in the Yoga postures to open the Nadis and Chakra balance.
This course also includes:
- Supervised practicum
- Unique clinical experience
- Professional level training
- A self-healing experience
- Live music Kirtan
Special Features of the Program
- Learn & experience the subtle body. The Yoga Practice’s main goal is to transcend through all the layers of the body. “We all share in common the body of light and the infinite sound of OM.” When we reach to a greater level of relaxation, our bodies will open and express the subtlest of the vibrations where Peace and divine healing occurs. This is more than a teacher training; here we will discover the greatest of all treasures in human kind.
- You will learn the science of the subtle body and how to restore the balance of the Chakras.
- Understand the Nadi System for a greater practical application.
- Learn and understand the universal laws of human nature and our connection to the natural world.
- Learn the clinical Yogi view of human sciences in a functional and holistic approach.
- Teaching experience
- Practice what you learn right here and right now with the community.
- Learn specific teaching methodology, strategy and practice.
- Nature Vision Quest
- Our Vision Quest mission is to deepen our understanding of yoga from within Mother Nature. Details to be announced.
Fundamentals of Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy
A Holistic Integrated Self Care Health System. The program explores these questions:
- How does Yoga Therapy determine what imbalances exist within the body?
- How can Yoga Therapy stabilize your Doshas?
- How can Yoga Therapy monitor progress?
- How does Yoga Therapy support your Vayus, Dhatus, Malas, Prana, Tejas and Ojas?
Fundamentals of Ayurvedic Yoga Nutrition
- Experience a complete cleanse and detox: Pancha Karma diet (breakfast and lunch)
- Hands-on program and daily practice
- Organic, fresh food for healing
- Learn and experience Ayurveda cooking within the class setting
- We’ll use and eat fresh, seasonal vegetables from a local, organic, sustainable or biodynamic farm.
Learn and practice how the 5 elements and the 6 flavors combine together to support:
- Weight loss cleanses
- A complete nutritional content in every meal: nutrients, micro-nutrient, minerals and vitamins
- Food for the doshas and the gunas
- Food for cleanse and detox
- Food to support diabetes and autoimmune disorders, cardiovascular diseases, anti-inflammatory diet
“I wanted to let you know a little about my yoga practice. And teaching. I started teaching at the local group home … I am loving it, it’s exactly what I set out to do and I don’t think I would’ve been this prepared to do this challenging and extremely adaptive type of class without all the resources I gained from you all. Your training was so eclectic and well-rounded and cultivated truly the inner Yogi in me. I feel like though my physical body may not be that flexible, my spiritual body is. And I think the various topics and energies you helped me cultivate is what lends itself to that flexibility and diversity. I go through life on my path, I am once again put into a state of grace at how perfect the plan is.”
— Erica W, AYTT Weekend Course 2016
“The Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training AYTT is a profound transformational program. It is a beautifully held container where you can learn, grow and self-heal in a supportive and loving environment. Tirza and Kriyananada are gifted teachers that guide you through this beautiful processes. I witnessed their ability to work with a range of people whether new to yoga or individuals who had a dedicated practice. It was a course that included much, much more than just asanas, it covered pranayama, meditation, cooking, nature and a special vision quest. I am eternally grateful for this program, and highly recommend it to anyone.”
–Jessie K, AYTT Summer Intensive 2016