The guasha is a flat piece of wood or jade that is used to move the lymphatic system, break down scar tissue and tenderize muscles.
- Release of lactic acid in the muscles
- Breaking down scar tissue (use with castor oil)
- Toning nerves along the meridian lines
- Supporting lymphatic drainage
- Building circulation and heart flow
How to Use a Guasha
- The edge of the guasha is vigorously rubbed along the skin moving feet to heart and hands to heart
- The guasha can be used with water in the shower, steam room or tub
- Best used with a body oil to drive nutrients into the tissues
- The guasha can be used over clothes also
This technique can create bruising from the toxins releasing in the tissues. With time the bruising will stop, since the toxins will be released and the tissues will be tonified.