Ayurvedic Southern India Tour
with DeAnna Batdorff & Scott Jenkins
July 11 – August 4 2016
India Tour Happy Hour Q&A
Saturday, May 7 ~ 4 – 6 pm
Apothecary Bar in the dhyana Center
Meet your fellow travelers, sip authentic chai, and take in the sights and sounds of India.
DeAnna will present a slide show and host a Q&A for currently registered participants and those who want to learn more about this life-changing opportunity to study with Ayurvedic masters.
There’s still a spot for you!
See yourself in India this year!
Bring your Ayurvedic journey to its homeland:
~ Learn from Ayurvedic masters
~ Explore the beauty of the country
~ Receive treatments in traditional Pancha Karma centers
~ Visit spice farms, ashrams, and museums
~ Shop at local marketplaces
DeAnna’s tours are legendary and you don’t want to miss this opportunity. She has created an amazing itinerary that is restful, spiritually fruitful and most definitely one with nature.
This tour is quite different from the Northern Tour, since Kerala is in the tropics. It is dewy, peaceful yet still India. We will be there during the end of monsoon season, but don’t be concerned. A good rain comes down and then the sun is shining again at 70 – 80 degrees. Do plan on getting wet.
Make sure your passport is current by May 1st. This tour is filling fast, so make sure you don’t miss out!
Please contact Andrea Foster at 707-823-8818 x 108 for any questions and to register.
Cost for trip :: $6000
- $3000 Non-refundable deposit – due by May 1st, 2016 (is necessary to hold your space and get airline tickets, etc.)
- Remaining $3000 is due by June 1st, 2016
Price Includes ::
- Round trip flight from SFO (San Francisco, CA) to Trivandrum – deduct $1000 if you are using your own mileage points or travel arrangements
- A few meals
- Scott and I provide a first aid kit with mostly essential oils, sterile gauze, bandages, pain and digestive support, etc.
Price Does Not include ::
- Animal reserves
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Donations for Clinics – Please bring money to donate to the donation-run clinics the doctors provide. $15 dollars goes a long way. There will be 4 primary donations being gathered for : Ayurvedic College, Unani Doctor, Pancha Karma education & Dr. Gupta
Once you have paid your deposit ::
- Our travel agent, Karen Chieppa, will contact you for flight arrangements
- We will email you a list of how to prepare and what to pack.
- We will email information about expediting a passport and visa.
Trivandrum (Capital of Kerala) – 3 nights
- Tour Ayurvedic College
- Prabhus bookstores
- Unani Medicine Doctor – Working with leeches/wet cupping
- Padmanabhaswamy Temple
- Palkulangara Devi Temple
- There will be time before leaving town to send your books home. There are many places along the way for shipping your items.
Bus travel time to Varkala – 1hr.
Varkala (oceanside) – 1 night
- Multi Culture Shops & Food
- Pancha Agni PK Center-where I was healed from sun poisoning
Bus travel time to Amritpuri – 2 hrs.
Amritapuri – 2 nights
- Amma’s Ashram
Bus travel time to Alapuzzha – 1.5 hr.
Alappuzha – 1 night
- Traditional Houseboat on the backwaters
- Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple
- Sleep, Eat and Relax
Bus travel time to Kottayam – 10 hr.
Kottayam / Kumarakoam – 4 nights
- Pancha Karma Clinic Education @ Athreya or Pornami (still in discussion)
- 2 days –Education
- 2 Free days (Get treatments, if you like)
Bus travel time to Thekkady – 4 hrs.
Thekkady – 3 nights
- Spice Plantations~ Hiking~ Nature
- Periyar Tiger Reserve
Bus travel time to Kodanad – 4 hrs. (leave early – 4AM)
Kodanad – 1 day
- Elephant Reserve- Bathing Ritual
- Temples on the way to Kochi
Bus travel time to Kochi – 2 hrs.
Kochi – 1 night
- We fly out early in the morning to Delhi
Bus to Agra – Experience the Taj Mahal, then continue to . . .
Vrindavan – 6 nights
- Study with Dr. Gupta – 5 days
- Gems & Crystals, Maya Koshas, Making Bhaswas
- Stay at MVT – Hari Krishna Ashram
Delhi – 2 nights
- Book store, museum, temples, Bollywood Film
- Fly out from Delhi or continue your travels from there . . .