Taught by DeAnna Batdorff
Food can taste good and be good for you. This 10-day course presents the digestive system from an Ayurvedic perspective and provides in-depth exploration of food chemistry; the Ayurvedic view of protein, fats, & carbohydrates; and nutritional healing properties. Learn which foods and preparation methods are best for whom as well as how and when to eat them. We will spend 2 days cooking.
- Proteins, fats & carbohydrates (where does our energy come from)
- Enzymatic breakdown of food (our body’s ability to compost food)
- Elemental theory of hot, cold, wet, dry (assessing food for what it offers)
- Minerals & vitamins (what the color of a food means)
- Cooking & recipes according to Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- Essential fatty acids (breaking down fats and lubricating our tissues)
- Utilizing all food health concepts as needed (when do we need raw, cooked, meat, vegetarian, etc)
We will be cooking at Grow kitchen the last 2 days of class! Grow kitchen re-skills individuals in the lost art of traditional kitchen craft.
2017 Course Dates
April 24-28, May 1 – 5
707.823.8818 ext 108 | email@example.com